Is the Benefit Worth the Investment?
“A man too busy to take care of himself is like a mechanic too busy to take care of his tools.” Spanish Proverb
Your health is important wherever you go. Many people are spending most of their day sitting at a desk or inside an office with little activity and an abundance of fast foods. Implementing health programs inside the workplace has become a vital piece of the healthy lifestyle puzzle.
Employees are getting unhealthier, fatter, less active and at a greater risk than ever for chronic disease. The sad fact is that chronic disease often strikes the victim in their productive years of life, removing the breadwinner from families or if non-fatal, the result is disability and impoverishment of families. 80% of chronic disease can be prevented by implementing healthy habits with a good eating plan, exercise and stress management.
Employees are the most valuable assets to a company. It simply makes economic sense to pay attention to prevent chronic diseases. Medical treatment can often not cure chronic disease, it merely delays progression thereof.
Why wellness programmes should matter to corporates?
- Reduce health care costs
- Increased levels of engagement and productivity
- Reduced levels of absenteeism, presenteeism, and stress
- Demonstrate care and concern for employees
- Enhanced commitment by employees and loyalty to the company
- Healthy people tend to be happier and more productive
- Improved wellbeing and job satisfaction
- Increased energy, a better mood and memory
- The welfare of employees has a direct impact on the success of the company
- Benefit employers, employees, their families, and communities
- Built a sense of companionship with your co-workers
- By interacting with co-workers, more encouragement is experienced
Health programs should start with executives. If employers are not involved and set an example, it’s difficult to succeed. Preventable wellness should be at the forefront of any company. Change start one step at a time, but the effect will be exponential.
The traditional wellness programs are used as a band aid – It focusses on statistics, but this will not result in change. Intervention programs to change the course of chronic disease and long-term health, is the only way to influence change.
Individual/ group support and session, regular follow ups, information, engagement, motivation and practical programs, are vital for long term success.
Empowerment and support can be taken a step further by getting the whole family involved. The effect will be healthier communities and children – our future.
In our fast-paced world with exhausting demands on time and performance, I offer one on one consultation to top executives. Relevant questionnaires can be completed in advance. Consultations will include various assessments, genetic test and food sensitivity tests as needed.
By implementing a personalised health program, many symptoms and health problems can be prevented, reversed and eliminated by balancing the body and the brain.
Simple changes in nutrition can have profound effects on health at any age to reach full health potential. That is everyone – not just those with specific symptoms. Integrated nutrition can sharpen everyone’s mind and improve mood and health even if you feel you are doing all right. By being more aware and getting on board means that you can experience less infections and inflammation, lower risk of lifestyle diseases e.g. cholesterol, cancer, arthritis, lose weight, have abundant energy, better concentration, anxiety and be happier.
Research has also shown that if the leaders start addressing health issues, employees will follow.
Health Risk assessment
Chronic disease directly impacts absenteeism, productivity and well -being of employees. Awareness about risk factors can play a role to change healthy habits. This is often the starting point before a program is implemented.
A quantum scan will be performed to highlight possible illness and disease in a 20 minutes individual session.
Feedback will be given to the client as to what his/ her risk of developing chronic disease, will be. This can be followed up with a more detailed individual consultation with a NLS scan to address the risk factor in a workable program.
What is in it for the company?
- Identify employees with a high risk of developing chronic disease or have been diagnosed already
- Increased productivity
- Less absenteeism, pre-absenteeism
- Lower healthcare costs
- Less stress
- Awareness that there are red lights concerning their lifestyle habits and to intervene at an early stage
- A shared corporate responsibility for health
- Support for those on a program
- A brief report can assist in motivating and support the employees to make lifestyle changes
Seminars and workshops at your work place
Engaging, educational, interactive nutrition, medical and health programs are presented to motivate employees to optimal well- being and lifestyle change.
By giving your employees important nutritional information and let them discover healthy living, and how to deal with health challenges, you empower them to make better food choices and taking responsibility for their own health and the health of the family and community. This will impact long term health.
A growing awareness among the public about the importance of health is growing. However, a large percentage is still unaware or ill-informed about nutrition and the related development of chronic disease. Obesity is a significant contributing factor in many serious illnesses. By eating the right foods, obesity can be kept at bay, a strong immune system will be maintained as well as a balanced mind, mood and body. This is the starting point to take control over chronic disease to improve long term health outcome.
A customised nutrition program is offered to suit the company’s requirements.
Various topics are available on request.
Which method of education will suit your needs?
- Full day or a few hours
- One hour talks for small to large groups “Lunch and Learn”
- Series of themed classes for small to larger groups
- Public workshops about various subjects – nutrition and /or the link between nutrition and medical conditions
Why would you invest?
- Demystify the science of nutrition into tips and techniques that work
- Interaction between delegates to share common problem areas and motivate each other
- Improve self-confidence to take control over long term health
- To realise that to eat healthy is not about depriving yourself
- Healthier employees benefit the company
- Identify individual problem areas that can affect mood, mind, memory, stress handling and performance
- Easy guidelines to change lifestyle habits and to address chronic disease
- An individual program can be planned for each delegate. (Extra)
I have the experience and passion for health and people to connect in a fun and engaging way.
If you’re ready to commit, contact me.
"There is no achievement without goals." - Robert J. McKaine